Linux on an old laptop

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Mar 15 07:10:12 CST 2005

If I know you are coming, I can bring to the meeting an adapter that does this.  You should bring the spare PC and the laptop.  Or if you twist my arm, we could put your drive in my laptop, which has a working CD-ROM.  Bring any screwdrivers you may need to get the drive out of the laptop and/or drive tray.  Most of my tools for this are scattered or unavailable at the moment.

Brian Kelsay

Brian Kelsay

>>> crash 3m <crash3m at gmail.com> 03/14/05 03:21PM >>>
There are adapters that will let you put a laptop hard drive into a
regular system.  You can pick them up at microcenter for $6 or
something.  Depending on the distro your wanting to install, you may
be able to boot from floppy and do a network install as well.