Semi-OT: Programming Question

Gerald Combs gerald at ethereal.com
Fri Mar 11 09:07:05 CST 2005

D. Hageman wrote:

> You are over simplifying what C# and the Common Language Infrastructure
> (CLI) really is.  Getting into the details of this could be an essay.
> If you are curious I recommend you read a bit more before taking what is
> written by "Jack" as fact.
>
> Seriously, interpreted language?  pfft.  Big difference between python,
> perl, scheme, lisp, etc. and C#.

Let's see:

rufus:/home/gerald$ find /usr/lib -name \*.pyc | wc -l
   1453

What's the difference between a pile of modules on my system that have
been precompiled for Python's bytecode interpreter and a bunch of C#
modules that have been precompiled for the .NET CLI (or a bunch of Java
modules precompiled for the JVM?)