Oracle

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Tue Mar 8 08:55:15 CST 2005

Quoting Brian Densmore <DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com>:

> I recently acquired an older version of Oracle (v. 8i).
> I was wondering if it might be possible to load it on
> a Linux box? Or if I need to break out the NT cd's?
> I haven't even opened the shrink-wrap yet. I was thinking
> about using it at home for projects, or possibly on an
> alternate PC for access by my webserver.

You can download Oracle from Oracle for free and use it for development
(non-production) work. If you're just wanting to gain some experience with it.
I believe I had installed 8i on Red Hat a few years back, but I had to jump
through some hoops.

Not that 9iR2 is much of an improvement with regard to the installation process,
but it is a bit less painfull.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com