Live CD for Windows Users

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Tue Jan 25 14:26:55 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 01:56:46PM -0600, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> Is Linspire still supposed to be the easiest distro for an entrenched
> Windows user to transition to?  Do they have a live CD?

I have a Linspire 4.5 CD, but I haven't installed it yet.  I've heard it
sets everything up good.  They do have a LiveCD.

I know Knoppix has a way to store your home directory and settings
(including networking) on a USB flash drive.  That might work well.

If I was going to start someone out with Linux, I'd give them a SuSE cd.
I used it for all of about an hour, but it was the easiest to install,
and seemed very nice to work with.

Of course, you could ssh back into his machine and take care of updates,
and such monthly or whenever.

Jeremy