Live CD for Windows Users

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Jan 25 13:56:46 CST 2005

Is Linspire still supposed to be the easiest distro for an entrenched
Windows user to transition to?  Do they have a live CD?

My Dad is still running 98, and he's having the normal accumulation of
problems that 98 develops over time.  He's thinking of "upgrading" to XP,
and I'd like to show him a better way.

More important than compatibility with Windows software, I think, would be
something that worked smoothly without a lot of patching and updating.
That might bring him over, especially on a Live CD.

(Evangelisim is wasted here - if he has to work too hard to do it the
"right" way, he won't.)