DSL Modem/Router wanted

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Jan 25 11:26:13 CST 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 11:14 am, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> He said it was a laptop.  It would have to be a USB PCMCIA card.

Which we tried.  No luck, Win98 or Mandrake.

> The inclusion of the phone call cost ...

That's just an indication of how backward and difficult things can be over
there; we ended up dropping our dial-up ISP because they messed up the
billing.

We have long distance that's 9¢/minute total if I do need to talk with her,
but she's still not into doing a full hardware build from scrap.

Which is all a very unnecessary work-around for just getting an ethernet DSL
modem