Dell

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Jan 24 09:40:39 CST 2005

Compaq servers can also be purchased with Linux on them right?
Compaq is now part of HP so you'd get all that Linux expertise
with it. Compaq servers are, from what I hear the best choice
for servers out there. We have a few here and I got to say,
I wish I could afford one. I tend to agree here. Dell wants to
be on the Linux bandwagon, but only if ...
Kind of like the guy sitting on the fence to see which of two
fighting groups gets the upperhand. I think they are going to commit
to being Linux supporters ... someday. For me that day may already
be too late and bringing too little with it. For a guy who started out
working out of a college Dorm, he's become entrenched and tunnel-visioned.
Not to mention arrogant. (Heard this guy speak lately? I talked to him
once, one on one, at a convention in Vegas. I came away feeling cold, with
a bitter taste in my mouth. I haven't liked the idea of owning a Dell since.
But that's what's great about a free society, everyone is free to choose.)