OT: Free Wireless Internet in KC

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sat Jan 15 14:08:50 CST 2005

On Saturday 15 January 2005 01:16 pm, Dustin Decker wrote:

> I think "free" was likely the most important adjective here.  Flash is like
> $30.00 per month.

Yeah, I've noticed that the rates for public wireless in the U.S. are still in
the "you can gouge early adopters for as much as you want" range, yet to be
brought down by competition.  Cities where it's been aroudn for a while are
more reasonable, as are rates in Europe.

Britain is still mostly metered access, even for broadband though.  Needless
to say Ireland is beating their pants off in IT.