Pressing a button in Linux is too complicated

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Jan 14 09:54:17 CST 2005

I have a little adapter, that can be had for a few bucks, that allows me to put a laptop HDD in a desktop PC.  Helps for transferring files to/from a laptop without network, damaged network stack,  missing a driver, no floppy or CD, dead LCD screen, etc.   40-pin IDE to 44-pin laptop HDD connector.
http://www.cablesonline.com/44pinto40pin.html

Brian Kelsay

>>> Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> 01/14/05 09:39AM
In order to give it to Hal, I have to wipe the hard disk.  In order to wipe
the hard disk, I use a floppy.  My wife's laptop doesn't even have a USB
port, I think booting to a CD on a PCMCIA adapter would be unlikely.
(Fortunately her CD drive still works.)

Sigh.  Some people have too much money to spend on toys.