Pressing a button in Linux is too complicated

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Jan 14 07:19:18 CST 2005

The distros I mentioned create an icon on the desktop for each non-root partition not required at boot time.  Windows (fat16/fat32/ntfs) partitions, USB devices, ext3 (/extra, /data), etc.

Brian Kelsay

>>> Jonathan Hutchins <> 01/13/05 02:56PM >>>

There is also the argument about whether a "user" should be able to mount and
umount filesystems, or if this privilage should be reserved to the root
operator.  To me, that's a non-question, it should be specific to a given
filesystem.  No, the user can't unmount "/".  Yes, they can mount a CD or a
network share to their userspace.