unmounting a volume

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Jan 10 11:34:52 CST 2005

FYI: 2.6 is not a development kernel, per definition. 2.6 is
the current "stable" kernel and 2.4 is the "deprecated" (or
whatever they call it) kernel. I've had no major issues with
2.6, but not something I would use on a production machine.
IIRC, there is no current development kernel? There is no
2.7 right? Any ideas when if they are going to begin work on
the next development kernel? Or are they just going to keep
tweaking 2.6 until it's really stable? Did they pull a Microsoft
on us with 2.6? What's your /opinion?