unmounting a volume

Christopher Kanaan ckanaan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 14:14:17 CST 2005

I have had this happen before too, with a USB pen drive.  The only
suggestion I have is that if you are in X-windows [gnome, kde, etc.
etc.], shut it down (this will reduce the number processes and in my
case kill the process that was making the USB pen drive "busy").  Once
X has quit, try the umount command again.  Not a scientific solution,
but a "it worked for me one time" suggestion.

-Chris