MAN pages

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jan 5 13:42:43 CST 2005

See comment about reading the sane documentation.
UMAX1220P is a supported device if I recall but,
is probably one of the hard to configure ones.
Best bet is to stick with USB and SCSI scanners.

Parallel port scanners are a notorious b**ch to work with.
I know I have one. What man page are you reading?
You need to make sure sane sees the device before you
got to step 2.