SBC Internet and ISDN for big business

Patrick M pert at tas-kc.com
Wed Aug 24 01:42:01 CDT 2005

I added a ISDN/Voice question too?

I don't do checks on connectivity. I just like the idea that if our text
to email gateway can get out directly to the ISP's relay I know the
connection is up. If I run my own email gateway, I have to make sure my
staff checks the email and does not just assume the message went. Even
then it can sit in the queue for several hours before it says it failed
but will keep trying. I suppose I can adjust it.

I also have gotten used to mail bagging. I can take the server down and
know the messages will be available immediately when I bring it back up.
I know the foreign computer is supposed to keep trying, but there will
be more of a delay. And it can add to back flow spam if my computer
rejects it after the mail relay accepted it.

As for slowdown, Full t-1 should be about the same download as ADSL but
it will be two way right? Heck they may be running it as SDSL for all I
know.

My current connection is:
UUNET 384 sdsl
&
sbc 256/784 (256/1.5?)adsl I think ...we upgraded to static IP and
higher upload speed
We mostly do VPN In and out, email, and some Web stuff our page and
surfing. I also figured the T-1/Frac-T would be less over subscribed.

We also have a quote from NuVox and ATT.... how  do we like them? NuVox
talks up their spam block.

On voice calls, they say they pull/DIP CallerID name from a master
database in addition to just SBC. I know att delivers Name for Cell
phones.... SBC on Pots lines does not. Should I make that a requirement
on the PRI? Could they even do it since they "removed it" from their system?