Prices

Gary Hildebrand ghildebrand at centurytel.net
Tue Aug 23 21:46:28 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 20:29, Denise Owen wrote:
> I am being approached by the company I just left to do PC repair,
> maintenance and etc. for them.  They have someone else in this position
> that doesn't know what they are doing.  They wouldn't give me the job.  Now
> that I have left they need help.  What is the going rate for a Business.  I
> do work for individuals in my spare time and try to charge a modest amount
> but this is different.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Denise

Sounds like they want the cheapest labor they can lay their hands on.

I've done contract labor, and I've always asked for 1/2 the hourly rate, which
would be at least $30 an hour.

I'd write up a contract with them for at least twice what you were getting,
even more if I could get away with it.  Depends on how much they need that PC
working again -- or how much lost productivity is incurred when they call
someone and wait a day or more for an on-site serviceman.

Considering that the job is little more than swapping out bad boards, etc.
and they don't/can't do it themselves -- you can figure out the rest.

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO