Cygwin Pronunciation

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 17:24:58 CDT 2005

> I should've Googled harder first.  According to
> http://www.askoxford.com/asktheexperts/faq/aboutdictionaries/officialcommittee
> there is no equivalent to the Académie française for English.
> Furthermore, the OED isn't to be treated as a definitive authority on
> English as far as the folks at Oxford are concerned.

We should all thank our $deities that it isn't the case.  They're the
ones responsible for those annoying L' addons to words you'd otherwise
recognize, in an attempt to create havoc on the integration of
language.  Today, I feel most sorry for the German students, who have
an official language and committee actively changing the big book of
German grammar and spelling rules.

Justin Dugger