Open Source 3D Games

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Fri Aug 5 13:06:16 CDT 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 12:25, Josh Charles wrote:
> I haven't been much of a gamer, but I recently purchased Allied
> Assault and have become quite addicted to it.

Heh. I know what you mean. There's a community developed map for Warcraft 3
TFT called "Defense of the Ancients" for multiplayer that's a total
conversion of the original game in to a whole new kind of game. I have been
playing DotA for two years and I still love it. So maybe there's an example
of a place where proprietary and open source meet to make something really
awesome.

DotA, IMHO, is the best game ever created. It never gets boring. Now, if only
there were some kind of way to make the people playing behave nicely... :)

--
I use digital signatures and encryption. My key is stored at pgp.mit.edu key
ID code: "0x8DB3BF09". F: F628 D9D3 E57A C281 5EFE  7DF7 B52A A393 8DB3 BF09