spamassassin question

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Mon Oct 25 12:41:38 CDT 2004

On Mon, October 25, 2004 11:48 am, Brian Densmore said:
> Ok today, I tried something to get spamassassin working on my box.
>
> The mail arrived in the regular mailbox, but I got this message
> back from the server:

[SNIP]
> So what have I done wrong here? Does the "rescue" message
> mean it sent it without filtering, and that is why I got the mail?
>
> my .forward looks like this for the time being:
> |/usr/bin/procmail
> /home/brian/Maildir
>
> I may have to do some tweaking in my ~/.procmailrc file, but it looks like
> procmail is functioning, but I need to tweak spamassassin.

I'm confused... is exim sending your mail through the .forward file
mechanism to procmail who then sends it to spamassassin?  What version of
exim do you have?

There are some good writeups on how to integrate spamassassin and exim at:
http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim-spamassassin

I think the stock install of exim3 or exim4 on debian will check for the
procmailrc file and attempt to run that before it looks for a .forward
file, so you might not even need that step.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>
Linux Tips and News! ---> http://linuxwebguy.com