Help configuring procmail (was: Help configuring fetchmail)

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Oct 15 15:10:09 CDT 2004

Are you saying that he can't filter on the "To:" field?  If he is only subscribed on one address of the two he has talked about, he could scan for kclug at kclug.org in any of the 3 "To:, CC:, BCC:" and then have those dropped in whichever of the folders.  I use built-in filters in Thunderbird, but this is what I look for and it works fine.  GroupUnwise however, sucks and frequently misses email.  It is a very inflexible mail client.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Brian Densmore" <> 10/15/04 02:24PM >>>

Nope, that won't work for KCLUG mail.
The "To:" field will not always, in fact hardly ever,
have the proper recipient of the email. Hence, Matt's
dilemma. You have to look at the crazy headers for KCLUG.
I'd say he needs both of the approaches you stated. One
filter by list and to by "To:". That *should* get most if
not all filtered into his appropriate mailboxes.
Now, I have to go to my server and play with some of these
rules. ;')