Help configuring procmail (was: Help configuring fetchmail)

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Fri Oct 15 14:37:02 CDT 2004

On Fri, October 15, 2004 2:24 pm, Brian Densmore said:
> Nope, that won't work for KCLUG mail.
> The "To:" field will not always, in fact hardly ever,
> have the proper recipient of the email. Hence, Matt's
> dilemma.

But also note that

* ^To:.*@bizniche.com

and

* ^TO_.*@bizniche.com

are not the same.  See
http://kclug.org/pipermail/kclug/2004-October/024036.html or the
Miscellaneous section of the procmailrc manpage.

> You have to look at the crazy headers for KCLUG.
> I'd say he needs both of the approaches you stated. One
> filter by list and to by "To:". That *should* get most if
> not all filtered into his appropriate mailboxes.
> Now, I have to go to my server and play with some of these
> rules. ;')

I have to play with them too.  I grabbed some procmail recepies from
dotfiles.com and plugged them in, but I haven't had a ton of time to hack
on them too much.  Just enough for them to work for me. =)

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>
Linux Tips and News! ---> http://linuxwebguy.com