OT: ogg file blind, listening test

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 21:25:39 CDT 2004

I got curious about this one and decided to do an
experiment.

I ripped an Audio CD I have, and converted the same
ripped uncompressed track into both a 256K MP3 and a
192K OGG.

I'm listening to both of them on shuffle, and I
honestly can't tell the difference between the two.
In fact, I'd have to look at the Totem player just to
tell which type of music file, OGG or MP3, that I'm
listening to at the moment.

So I think its pretty safe to save space by converting
your 256K MP3 files into 192K OGG files.