BitTorrent + INDUCE Act + Linspire 5.0

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 07:33:40 CDT 2004

--- Brian Densmore <DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to invoke Godwin's law by naming
> Eva Braun, it being a circular reference to
> Hitler? Or does that invoke the corollary of
> Godwin's law? Or is it in itself a circular
> reference to Godwin's law?

I think its a good time to point out that "Godwin's
Law" is nothing more and nothing less a statement of
the probability of Hitler being mentioned in a given
discussion, being that the probability of Hitler being
mentioned in a UseNet discussion ("Godwin's Law" was
originally developed on UseNet NEWS) is directly
proportional to the length of the UseNet discussion.

It does not make any mention of who "wins" the
discussion, a common misconception about "Godwin's
Law".