MS heads for HPC

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue May 25 15:55:22 CDT 2004

I wouldn't laugh too hard. M$ may go aggressively after this market.
It's not too far fetched that they will go in with Sun on this, and
make some attractive looking systems. This is probably all part of the
M$ war against Linux. Attack with copyright FUD, attack with patent FUD, attack in markets that
Linux is successful in with a system that allows collaboration with the world's most popular
desktop OS. This is a threat that should be taken seriously. M$ is out to destroy Linux, and we
need to stay on guard and counter all the FUD with facts and
education. It would be suicidal to laugh it off. Although they are
probably years away from a solution, after all they will now have to find small companies that do
this type of project with Windows and make
them offers <godfather accent> they can't refuse </accent> to "buy" the
rights.