"Ghost" IBM Thinkpad drive

Rob Becker rbecker at kcai.edu
Mon May 17 15:00:47 CDT 2004

Read up on dd.  That is included in Knoppix and combining dd with ssh
and rsync gets you a pretty powerful remote backup utility.  It has been
a while since I've done this, but I have successfully migrated a laptop
from one hard drive to another by dding an image of the drive and then
rsynching it over to another drive via the network.  I was then able to
restore the data to the new drive by reversing the process.
If you have questions about the process, I can find some resources and
bounce them your direction.
Take care.
Rob