Two NICs, two networks

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Sat May 8 02:14:40 CDT 2004

Quoting Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com>:

> Can you ping hosts on both segments?

It's working now. The problem, as it turns out, was two-fold. First, there was
no ethernet cable plugged into the second nic. Second, after plugging the cable
in, the wall jack was not activated.

I'd been handed this project in the midst of a major Sasser infection so many
folks were scrambling. After messing around with the config and being fairly
certain that it was correct, I ran mii-tool and it showed "no link" on the
second nic so I walked over to the other building where the server was sitting
and sure enough, there was nothing plugged into the second nic.

Thanks to all for the help.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com