BitDefender/LinuxDefender_Live!

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Sun Mar 21 03:32:46 CST 2004

I have a question about BitDefender AntiVirus as distributed in the
LinuxDefender_Live! offering of Knoppix.

Since my bout with a virus on a Win2k notebook last week, I've been
poking around the various versions of Knoppix. Lotsa neat stuff. I just
downloaded this LinuxDefender_Live! It's pretty much Knoppix with
BitDefender for Linux "clickable" from a KDE desktop.

My question is this: What about new virus definitions? I poked around
and found nothing about a link to their site or anything about new virus
definitions. Am I missing something here? Has anyone worked with this
version of Knoppix? What... do I have to download a new iso ever couple
of weeks to keep updated?

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux