Old AT&T UNIX computer

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Thu Mar 11 00:32:10 CST 2004

webgiant at juno.com wrote:
> I've been offered an original AT&T UNIX computer (about ten years old) along with the original
UNIX OS installation floppies (about 100 5-1/4" floppies).  32MB RAM, 300MB SCSI hard drive, and a
backplane that goes on forever.

> Has anyone worked with a machine like this one?  Can it accept operating systems other than
System V UNIX (such as Linux)?

Oddly enough, I stopped by the local suplus computer shop today, and in
addition to an E size HP DraftPro I had to resist buying, they had (what
looked like) a complete manual set for AT&T Unix System V for the 3B2.

Don't recall what release (it was low single digits), but it might be
handy if you decide to go for the free machine...

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net