Looking for a laptop power supply.

Zscoundrel Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Sat Mar 6 16:30:37 CST 2004

Find a picture of the actual power supply online and I will check for
one like it at work.  I work in a local hotel that specializes in
corporate travelers and we tend to run a surplus of abandoned laptop
power supplies.  If we have one for your laptop, I will make you a good
deal.  (The rest I am going to sell on eBay as I figure out what they go
to.)

Leo J Mauler wrote:

>I picked up a free laptop the other day (one free item with purchase from
>Computer Swap & Shop), a DELL 320N+ 386sx-20Mhz (with 387 math
>coprocessor installed), 8MB RAM, 60MB hard drive, built-in floppy,
>external ports (mini-DIN mouse & keyboard, serial, parallel, VGA, all
>behind a sliding cover), 640x480 monochrome VGA LCD screen (up to
>1024x768 on external VGA monitor).
>
>Naturally, it was free because the battery is dead and the power supply
>is missing.  I can get a power supply for $75, but having $75 in
>disposable income isn't going to happen for a long time.
>
>So I'm looking for a power supply which is very similar to the laptop
>power supply.
>
>These are the specs I'm looking for, so poke through your closet of
>computer parts (you do have one, right?) and see if you can find a
>similar power supply (remember, the laptop was free).
>
>Input current: 115v at 50 Hz
>Output voltage: 12V, 2.0 A peak
>Minimum load: 83 mA

>The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

If you examine how Bill Gates funded research into solving the social issues he is concerned about
las year, you would notice that he is 14 times more concerned about the global threat of Linux than
he is about AIDS.

This is understandable when you consider the method of transmission.  I suspect Bill is probably
much more likely to get Linux than he is to get AIDS!!!  After all, you can download and install
Linux by yourself!