Faking "Internet Explorer" using other browsers

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Sat Mar 6 08:53:10 CST 2004

How do you tell another webserver that you are using "Internet Explorer"
when you're really using Mozilla?

It hasn't been an issue until now (I tend not to patronize websites which
demand that you use a particular browser), except that there's a job
position I'd like to apply for which requires Internet Explorer to fill
out the application.  The website flat out refuses to use any other
browser.