Looking to upgrade

staff at tektronic.org staff at tektronic.org
Fri Jun 25 22:33:22 CDT 2004

Quoting Brian Kelsay <BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov>:

> Some new machines with AMD processors and 256MB go for about $300-699 so the
> price is probably right at $200.   Those machines normally come w/ a cheap
> keyboard and speakers.   You can add those items yourself for about $10-20.
> Used monitors can be had for around $100-200 depending on size.   Speaking of
> which, I have a used 21" I'd let go for $100.   I have two of its brothers
> working just fine under winders and Linux of varying distros.   I also have a
> 17" I'd let go for $50 and it's a real good MultiSync monitor.

$200 isn't bad for a complete box. Don't know if you know how to build a
computer or not. But if you have some spare hard drives and a case you can get
a xp2000+mobo for less then $130 and then get some 512MB ddr ram for 70$. There
you go, I know it is a little more work, I don't mind. Just my thoughts.

JO