Looking to upgrade

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Jun 25 18:10:17 CDT 2004

Some new machines with AMD processors and 256MB go for about $300-699 so the price is probably
right at $200.   Those machines normally come w/ a cheap keyboard and speakers.   You can add those
items yourself for about $10-20.   Used monitors can be had for around $100-200 depending on size.
 Speaking of which, I have a used 21" I'd let go for $100.   I have two of its brothers working
just fine under winders and Linux of varying distros.   I also have a 17" I'd let go for $50 and
it's a real good MultiSync monitor.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Jim Royer" <> 06/25/04 12:22PM >>>
I found a source for some used cpu's and thought I would ask if this sounds like they would work
ok. What I they have are 1.2 to 1.6 ghz speed with 10 to 20 gig hard drive, then 256 meg ram. They
have winders 98 for now but that will change(nudge, nudge, wink, wink). They are only about a year
and half old. They want $200 to $250 per box, this is without keyboard or monitor. Does that sound
fair? Then I need a source for a used monitor cheap. My last Linux box I was using most of the
devices in side as well as the monitor which was a small old one made set up and config a pain in
the you know what so I am hoping one of these would be a much better machine to use. Any thoughts?

Jim Royer
"No, I didn't sell my soul to Satan,
but we did work out a rent to own deal."