OT: First civilian pilot flies into space

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Jun 21 18:07:31 CDT 2004

No , this one doesn't count for the XPrise. They now have to send up three
people and then turn around and do it again in two weeks.
I didn't include a link because the story is everywhere.
Paul Allen financed the Scaled Composites Rutan team. ;')

Slashdot
http://slashdot.org/articles/04/06/21/1412228.shtml?tid=134&tid=160

Mojave airport
http://www.mojaveairport.com/

cnet news
http://news.com.com/Private+rocket+zooms+into+space/2100-1001_3-5242081.html?tag=nefd.top

etc...

Also, as Phoenician noted
Paul Allen also is a big supporter of SETI and Project HALO. He also
opened a Sci-fi museum.