Free Novell & Suse

Rich Edelman rcedelman at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 17:36:27 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 12:14 pm, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2004 07:02 pm, Shayne Patton wrote:
> > Say what you will about it, but it's still Free.  Despite some
> > drawbacks, I think really a VERY good system.
>

> I do too, but I wonder why the server is still on 8.0, when 9.1 is the
> current general release?
>
> I also wonder if there's a way to upgrade SuSE from 9.0 to 9.1?
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 is in beta testing now, should be available
soon. Also, SuSE Linux 9.1 has been on the ftp sites for a while, and I've
also got all 5 CDs and 2 DVDs of the Professional version. I'll happily make
copies for anyone who wants them. I've done both upgrade installs from 9.0 to
9.1 without any problems at all (that is, as long as your 9.0 install is
somewhat stock, mainly you haven't upgraded KDE) and installed 9.1 from
scratch.

I was going to do a review of it, but there's already so many out there it's
kinda pointless.

Rich