Free Novell & Suse

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jun 16 12:24:03 CDT 2004

SuSE is in the end Linux. Therefore it is governed by the GPL.
So yes you can download, burn to cd and even sell it to other people
if you want. The one thing that might be a concern are add-on tools
that Novell may have added. So if you were to want to redistribute
there might be some programs you'd have to remove. If someone included something
in the Linux kernel that isn't governed by the GPL they would be violating
the GPL and you'd not be responsible for it. Because by their own
fault they have illegally restricted the Linux kernel. I find it hard to
believe Novell would do something so stupid. Now SCO would do something
stupid like that. Oh wait they already did. ;')

Brian