Mandrake 10.0 Web Browsing

Brian D quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 17:37:46 CDT 2004

[snip]
> > > Try a lighter browser. Firefox, galeon, or
> epiphany?
> In that regard I would have to say lighter more so
> than different.  I have not
> file manager too.  All in
> all I prefer Firefox.
I've used Firefox and Mozilla on my laptop, running
debian. I have to say I see ****absolutely****
no speed difference between them. Maybe I'm doing
something wrong, but I doubt it. That said, I do see
a difference between Mozilla and Konq. But that is
only
a startup difference, once they are both up there is
no discernible difference between them. So given that,
I have to say that I much prefer surfing with Mozilla
than with Konq. It has a better UI in my opinion. Not
that I couldn't recommend improvements to them. My
biggest issue with Mozilla is always getting java to
work when doing an install/upgrade.

$0.03,
Brian