PHP and CVS

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Jun 8 20:54:00 CDT 2004

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=cvs&section=projects&Go.x=11&Go.y=9
http://freshmeat.net/projects/convulsion/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cvswc/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/sandweb/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cvsweb/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/lincvs/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/dcvs/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/pycvs/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cvshist/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/viewcvs/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/mod_cvs/
Freshmeat.net is better if searching for open source software.
It looks like there is more available for Perl and Python frontends than PHP.
And if you use Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org/ ), it looks like it has WebDAV access
built-in for remote access.
Quote:
    # Apache network server option, with WebDAV/DeltaV protocol.

Subversion can use the HTTP-based WebDAV/DeltaV protocol for network communications, and the Apache
web server to provide repository-side network service. This gives Subversion an advantage over CVS
in interoperability, and provides various key features for free: authentication, path-based
authorization, wire compression, and basic repository browsing.

Good Luck,

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student)" <> 06/08/04 03:08PM >>>
Does anyone know if there is already a simple* interface for a php web
application to interact with a cvs repository?  I couldn't find anything
on google, which was surprising, although I think the search terms are
kind of vague.