PHP and CVS

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Jun 8 20:37:27 CDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
> From: Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student)
>

>Does anyone know if there is already a simple*
>interface for a php web application to interact
> with a cvs repository?  I couldn't find anything
> on google, which was surprising, although I think
> the search terms are kind of vague.

Not sure if any of this meets your criteria. I did a quick search on freshmeat.
You might also check sourceforge.

http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=php+cvs&section=projects&Go.x=11&Go.y=10

http://jodrell.net/projects/convulsion
"Convulsion

Convulsion is a drop-in CVS repository browser for PHP. It makes use of the libraries developed for
the Chora module of the Horde project, but does not require that Horde be installed and working to
be used. You can browse directories and files, view a file's revision history, compare two
versions, and retrieve its ChangeLog. Convulsion also supports automatic obfuscation of e-mail
addresses and syntax highlighting of most common languages.

Convulsion's output is standards-compliant accessible, and customisable(sic) by means of CSS.

The current version is 0.0.2, which was released on May 24th, 2004."

FYI: This is a beta release, although the numbering looks more like alpha.
YMMV.

Brian