Linux distro on DVD

cwgee9801-RR cwgee9801 at kc.rr.com
Sat Jan 31 14:56:04 CST 2004

> Linux distro on DVD
> I know that "Linux Format" magazine (U.K.) does this sort of thing
> New to Linux
> DamnSmall Linux

Thanks for the very useful post. I'm also new to Linux. The Mandrake 9.2
3-CD set that came with LinuxFormat magazine is what got me started. I've
also been evaluating DamnSmall Linux and one I prefer more, Puppy Linux
(www.goosee.com/puppy).

I'm currently tinkering with a Flash-Puppy (thumb-drive) bootable Linux
version at present. My 90 year-old mom has taken PC lessons but won't have
one in the house fearing she would drive her two son's nuts keeping it
working. My idea is to configure a stripped down, simplified Flash-Puppy
Linux for browsing and an email client that would totally restore itself
every time the PC boots. There's an ISP in town that offers a free DUN
service, limited to 15 minute connections at a time. Free PC, a simple rock
solid configuration that never changes, and a free dial up ISP -- she
*might* be willing to try a setup like this. Just another interesting use of
Linux.

--- Will