Could open-source be illegal someday?

Kendrick-LUG kulua at linux2themax.com
Fri Jan 30 06:39:19 CST 2004

DCT Jared wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:30:03 -0600 (CST), Duane Attaway wrote:
>

>>To me the SCO business model sounds a lot like the car sales business:
>>
>>http://edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html
>>

>This is an amazing article. Thank you for linking to it.
>I learned a lot, not just about car salesmen, but about
>the whole system which tolerates such depravity in the
>name of greed.
>
>SCO has the potential to drag a lot of beautiful things
>into the mud with them. We cannot let people make money
>on open source this way. But how do we stop them,
>while abiding by the principles of freedom, kindness,
>and patience, without simply ignoring them or laughing
>them off?
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Jared

if i read one article right and putting 1+1 together..  since THEY have
already put a linux offering out would they not be bound by the gpl in a
quazi sence  they are GIVING thier source code away.    since they claim
to hold the patents on the questonable source and have already
distributed it via gpl would that null and void all  lawsuit.   one
would think they knew what they were distributing...