Dead HDD (and free stuff!)

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Wed Jan 28 19:48:05 CST 2004

My ancient debian slink development system for LRP/LEAF gave up the
ghost a while back, and I finally got around to seriously investigating
the HDD problem it was having.  Turns out there was a fairly serious
head-crash and my data bits are now a very fine dust coating the entire
innards of the HDD.

I'm not currently planning on doing anything with this box, and I
remembered someone looking for 72-pin simms recently.  This machine has
40 Meg, which appears to consist of (4) 8-Meg 72-pin simms
(double-sided), and (2) 4-Meg simms (single-sided).  If these are of use
to anyone, let me know and I can mail them off (or you can come get them
in Topeka).

Better yet, take the whole machine (Compaq Prolinea 590) off my hands.
It's a P-90 (~180 Bogo-MIPS!) with 2 PCI slots (5 ISA slots...2 shared)
in a slim-line desktop with built-in video.  Free if you pick it up in
Topeka.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net