[OT]Some of the spam

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Jan 28 15:01:08 CST 2004

Has anybody noticed that some of the spam coming in her contains bible verses.  I can't place the
actual book and verse, but  I looked at the below verses and its from the Moses story I think.

"18 This is what it means, Joseph said. The three baskets are three=
    days. 19 Within three days Pharaoh will lift off your head and hang
          you on a tre=e. And the birds will eat away your flesh."

I read somewhere, probably on The Register, that spammers are putting paragraphs from famous books
within spam, sometimes as invisible text (white on white).  This is supposed to trick the Bayesian
filters.  All the more reason to NOT have HTML email or at least strip it out on mail lists.

Brian Kelsay