OT: Motherboards

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Jan 27 14:17:01 CST 2004

On Monday, January 26, 2004 11:18 pm, Greg Kedrovsky wrote:

> Where and how do I get the make, model, brand name, etc. of the
> motherboard - the info I need to google and hopefully find information
> on RAM speeds and types, IRQ setup in BIOS, etc.?

> Is it printed physically on the board? Or is it something somewhere in
> the BIOS that I catch during the boot sequence?

You should be able to find manufacturer and model silk-screened on the board
itself.  If not, you saved too much money on the board, please try again.

You can often get RAM speed info and IRQ setup in the BIOS.  Go into the setup
routine.  That may give you some of the information you need.

Once you identify the make and model, check the manufacturer's web site for
further information.

While you're there, be sure to check for BIOS updates, and apply any that are
available.