OT: Motherboards

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Tue Jan 27 05:03:05 CST 2004

I put "OT" on this because someone on my list here in Costa Rica got
anal with me over the question. It was specifically Linux-related, so he
mildly flamed me about "OT." Hope y'all don't mind...

I need to find information about 2 motherboards (one on a Win95 machine,
and the other in my Linux server - whoa! I got it in there! we are now
officially _not_ "OT").

Right now I have what appears to be an IRQ conflict with a Digium card
to run Asterisk. But, there is stuff coming up that I'd like to check
again the motherboard documentation.

Where and how do I get the make, model, brand name, etc. of the
motherboard - the info I need to google and hopefully find information
on RAM speeds and types, IRQ setup in BIOS, etc.?

Is it printed physically on the board? Or is it something somewhere in
the BIOS that I catch during the boot sequence?

Example: during the boot sequence of my server, I hit pause and figgrd
out that I have a Pentium III 600E MHz, Intel Pentium III MMX. But,
that's the processor, not the motherboard.

Does anyone know how I find this info?

Thanks.
-Greg

--