SuSE as a server

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Fri Jan 23 17:59:01 CST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:03:44 -0600 "Brian Densmore"
<DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com> writes:
> Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> > While most of the discussed use of SuSE here has
> > been as a superior desktop distribution, I know I've
> > mentioned before that SuSE has long been
> > established in the commercial server market.
> >
> > From a few days ago on slashdot, here is CNet's
> > article on SuSE receiving EAL3 certification:
> > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5144199.html
> >
> > RedHat, on the other hand, has yet to reach EAL2.
>
> This is a joke. EAL2 EAL3 EAL4. pfft!

O Great Ones Who Know All: What the heck is EAL anyway?

> Considering Windows has an EAL4 rating, I really don't
> think Redhat or SuSE need worry about the rating.
> It's just another thing for a company to waste
> money on.
> </end rant>

So SuSE is gradually getting to the point where it is rated the same as
Microsoft Windows?

Tell me why this is a *good thing*.  I've always thought Linux would have
to get *worse* to be rated the same as Microsoft Windows.  :)