kernel 2.6 - wrong identification of kt600 and USB 2.0 as 1.1 - kernel issue? wrong mobo in the box? .....

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jan 21 14:49:16 CST 2004

That link says conflicting things.
One part says 2 2.0 USB and another says 8, but
has an asterisks that makes it look like maybe only 4.

IO Port Description
Provides 8 USB 2.0 ports (4* rear, 4 pin header)
IO Connection Description
Two USB 2.0 ports

You might try looking at the raw data in the /proc filesystem
to see what is listed. It could be that the software doesn't know
about KT600 yet. It may be too new. If you're going to use
bleeding edge equipment you must be prepared to deal with the
fact that it takes time to build drivers or be willing to write
them yourself. It's not a kernel issue, but a hardware issue.
Not sure why it seems to think you have 1.1 USB, but I would say
other than that it detected the USB correctly. You appear to have
2 USB IO  connection ports and 8 USB IO ports. Whatever that means.
I have a headache now, and need caffeine or something. ;)

Brian

[snip]