Sensors

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jan 21 14:29:49 CST 2004

That's a complicated question that would be hard to answer without
a lecture in binary logic, digital electronics, and binary to decimal
conversion. That said, I suspect the .4 is just a random fluctuation
specific to your specific MB and could very well vary over time in your
MB and between yours and other MBs of the same series. If I am correct
and the circuit is converting temperature from an analog or decimal
representation and storing it as a binary. It is because not all decimals
can be represented 'exactly' in binary logic. For example try to represent
1/37 using base 2.

<disclaimer>
Of course I could be remembering my college coursework in electronics
and computer engineering wrong. It's been such a loooooooooong time and
I never get much chance to use it. ;)
</disclaimer>

Brian