laid-off white-collar professional poster child needed (one of two)

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Sat Jan 17 13:12:02 CST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:42:12 -0600 Jim Herrmann <kclug at ItDepends.com>
writes:
> I suspect, then, that your problem is/was _bureaucratic_
> protectionist policies, and have little to do with either party.
> I certainly don't doubt about the incompetence, though.  So
> now you have a job at the *federal* government?  Now
> there's a step up in competence.  Still living off the
> government tit, huh Brian?  Sucking the American
> taxpayers dry are you?  ;-)

Though it is interesting just how many anti-bureaucracy Republicans in
Congress have never been a day without their government employment (or
assistance) check... :)

Rush Limbaugh would not be here today if it were not for the Welfare
System (and he admits as much).

And let us not forget that N.A.S.A., Dubya's current pet project, is
essentially a government jobs project.  And likely to involve even more
people, as Dubya continues to push for shoving more human beings into
space instead of intelligent robots (Yahoo News:
http://tinyurl.com/34vv3).

The W.P.A. morphed into N.A.S.A.  The only difference is that most of the
jobs now require more education than the W.P.A. required.

Don't get me wrong.  I think N.A.S.A. is a worthwhile institution.  I
just find it ironic that someone who claims to be anti-federal-government
and anti-social programs is promoting a federal government program which
creates new government jobs as fast as it can.