EFF - Verified Voting

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Wed Jan 14 14:01:07 CST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:51:08 -0600 Hal Duston <hduston at speedscript.com>
writes:
> On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 07:35, Leo J Mauler wrote:
> > I'm sending the EFF letter to both Kansas Senators as I've
> > completely forgotten which Republican Senator represents
> > my area of Kansas.
>
> Both senators represent the entire state.

Yes, but which Senator do I have the power of voting out of office if I
didn't live in a 95% Republican state?

If the Senator isn't in my district then I just get to watch helplessly
as other people put him back into office.  Not that this changes much in
my own equally 95% Republican district, mind you.

Yes, they both represent the entire state, but theoretically any given
Kansan can only take *one* of the Senators to task for not doing what
that individual Kansan wanted them to do, and the other Senator is free
to ignore that given Kansan's angry letters.