Parts/Inventory managment application

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Mon Jan 12 22:16:50 CST 2004

I've got a simple project I'd like to keep track of parts and vendors
for, which seems like a pretty simplistic setup for a small database.

I'm just looking to keep track of ~100 part numbers, and quotes from
multiple vendors (with various price-breaks) for those parts.

I could probably hack something together in a few days, but it would be
more effort than just using old-fashioned paper.  I figure someone else
has probably had to do this, and could maybe save me some time.

So...does anyone know of something like this I can run on linux?  I
tried googling and searching freshmeat, but I mainly turned up
full-blown accounting/erp type packages, which seems like massive
overkill (ie: setting up the package alone would take longer than doing
everything on paper), and several of these are non-free (as in speech
and/or beer).

I could pay some $$$, but so far the non-free (as in beer) programs I've
found are in the 5 figure + range (ie: real accounting & erp), while my
budget's more in the 2-3 figure range.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net