Linksys wireless routers

Bradley Miller bradmiller_kclug at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 11 16:08:09 CST 2004

I never knew how much fun wireless could be.  I had picked up a Linksys
combo from Sam's Club for $90.  Recently it was acting very strange --
"bursting" if you will, a signal and then shutting down.  I thought it
might be a channel conflict as I found two other neighbors have the same
channel (default of 6).  I've found like 5 or more different signals on
just the puny Linksys card in my laptop.  I tried to find a WAP this summer
when my dsl was down, but my sister-in-law's laptop (with wireless built
in) wouldn't use Netstumbler right.  Basically it requires the SSID before
it will even pick up the signal, and then when it does, it still doesn't
react right . . . it's like it only tells Netstumbler every second or so
that there is a signal.  Weird, but not my problem.

Does anyone know if the Roadrunning "Home Networking" they are offering is
a WAP, some hub arrangement or phone line system?  The more WAP's out
there, the more fun I can forsee in the future . . .